Electronic Warm Air Conversion to G70-2VH-S Blower
Airbath International - Senator Bath, Manufactured 10 July 2000
Written by Mr Dave Wilkinson
The Senator bath described here is from the Premier Range - Option C which was supplied
factory fitted with Electronic Warm Air Injection Unit and Touchtronic Power Unit Type III.
FEATURES - PREMIER OPTION C
- On/Off: Air Only
- Variable Speed
- Pulse/Massage: 4 Present Levels
- Auto Switch Off: After 30 Minutes
- Auto Hygiene Cycle: After switch off,
waits 5 minutes then runs for 5 minutes to dry run
- Warm Air Injector: 5 Comfort Settings
Touchtronic User Control Panel & Functions (two cables exit below bath)
Genesis Blower GA70-2NN-S with AC Sockets for Blower & Warm Air Injection and Pipework
Warm Air Injection Unit (WAIU) - is also the main system interconnect cable junction box
Airbath took a standard GA70-2NN-S Genesis blower, and fitted a custom programmed Genesis
series control board inside it to provide power-on control signal for the WAIU system.
Replacement unit - Genesis G70-2VH-S-Variable (with integral heater)
1. Cap off the tank fed hot water supply to the Warm Air Injection Unit (WAIU) and drain pipework the from the WAIU. If the WAIU is secured to the bath, remove the unit.
2. Inside the WAIU take apart the water pipework and remove one of the black 8 - 10mm adaptor fittings from the solenoid valve. To separate these fittings, push the collar towards the fitting and hold in this position, and the pipe will release. Note the length of pipe required to go inside the fitting in order to allow for this amount in step 3 when cutting the pipe.
3. Reduce the length of the red 8mm diameter water injection pipe at the bath air union fitting to approximately 50-60mm plus fitting allowance and fit the 8mm end of the 8-10 adapter. NB: Ensure the section of pipe is free of damage, is circular and is cut square, to ensure it will form a good seal.
4. Insert a short length of 10mm copper pipe pre-fitted with a 10mm stop end into the adaptor and critically use a method to position this short section of pipe in 11 o’clock position, which will ensures it always drains down and the passing air during the hygiene cycle will also suck
out any water.
5. TEST FOR WATER LEAKS - slowly fill the bath, checking for any sign of leakage.
6. Disconnect Power Unit Link 3 cable from the old blower and check the wire colours match the blower termination details on page 2.
7. Separate Power Unit 3 Link cable at the mid cable extender and discard the section running up to the WAIU.
8. Now connect Touch Control 1 cable to the Power Unit 3 Link extender joint, thereby linking the touch control directly to the blower.
9. For peace of mind, if you have a multimeter available then using the ohms setting, you can now verify cable colours and functionality are correct using white as common and check the function of ON/OFF, Speed, and Massage.
10. Satisfied colours are correct then connect Power Unit 3 Link cable to the blower as follows:
Terminal 1 = ON/OFF = Red NB: The Brown and Black cores are not connected
Terminal 2 = MASS = Green
Terminal 3 = SPEED = Blue
Terminal 4 = BLOW LED = Yellow
Terminal 5 = N/C
Terminal 6 = COM = White and the braid screen if previously prepared and terminated
11. Test the system, then relax and enjoy - happy days!
Written by Mr Dave Wilkinson